Making the Most of Your Budget
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran in the digital marketing space or brand new to the world of PPC ads and social media, chances are you spent some money on marketing in 2017. If that’s the case, you’re certainly not alone. In 2017, the total marketing expenditure pushed past $1 trillion for the first time globally. That, my friends, is a lot of zeros.
When it comes to spending money on marketing, you want to know that you’ll get a positive ROI, generate leads, and increase brand awareness. In fact, billions of dollars are spent each year on market research trying to uncover marketing trends and statistics that will help marketers be successful.
Total marketing expenditures exceeded $1 trillion in 2017.
25 Digital Marketing Trends
We hope you’ve enjoyed following along with our digital marketing advent calendar. As you just read, marketers spend lots of time and resources to ensure a good result. We’re packaging up all 25 trends below so you can quickly access the ones you’d like to remember. Here’s to a wonderful 2018!
- 80% of millennials have their smartphone at their side, day and night.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 72% of marketers say relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic.
- 71% of Pinterest users are women.
- 78% of consumers unsubscribe when a brand sends too many emails.
- 67% of mobile users will leave a website if they are frustrated with the navigation.
- Visual content is 40x more likely to be shared on social media.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
- Updating an old blog post with a new image can increase organic traffic by 111%.
- 81% of shoppers do online research before making big purchases.
- 9 out of 10 marketers indicate increased business exposure from social media use.
- 81% of consumers have closed a browser because of a pop-up ad.
- 78% of local mobile searches result in offline purchases.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 11:00 a.m. EST has the highest click-through rate for email sends.
- Google drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks on mobile.
- Photos on Instagram showing faces get 38% more likes than photos without.
- Blogging is the most used content marketing tactic.
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective for lead generation than Facebook or Twitter.
- Instagram is the #1 social media app for engagement with restaurant brands.
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content.
- 92% of customers feel satisfied when they use the live chat feature.
- 75% of search engine users don’t click past the first page.
- 63% of millennials use social media to keep up with their favorite brands.
- Total marketing expenditures exceeded $1 trillion in 2017.